Sunday, February 1, 2009

Go DAMA!

I mentioned last week that while I was slaving away doing my weekly long swim, most of my usual swim buddies were at a meet in Charlotte. This meet was the USMS state championships and DAMA got 2nd place!!



Here's a picture of my husband Jason swimming his 50yd fly.




While he wasn't invited to the meet, here is a picture of my dog Sneakers swimming the 50 yd dog paddle. Isn't he handsome? Like father like son!




Here's how week 5 went for me:
Mon: swim 3,000 yds
Tues: swim 4,200
Wed: swim 3,900, 40 min abs
Thurs: swim 4,200
Fri: swim 2700, 40 min abs
Sat: run 7 mi
Sun: swim 11,000 run 3 mi
Total: swim 29,000 yds, run 10 mi, 80 min abs

I had lots of company during my long swim today, for which I was very grateful. Several people were there for parts of the swim, but Fillipo was there for 10,000 yds and Karen was there for the whole 11,000! Now while I like to fancy myself a badass, I have to state for the record that Karen is a super DUPER bad ass. While I swam the entirity of the 11K freestyle, Karen swam most of it IM (on the same interval as me, mind you).

On to week 6!





Align Center Align Right Justify Full
Numbered List Bulleted List Blockquote
Check Spelling
Add Image
Add Video
Remove Formatting from selection

1 comment:

  1. No offense to Jason, but Sneakers is much more handsome and I bet he could beat the pants off of Jason in a race (dog paddle of course since doggy arms are not built for butterfly!)

    ReplyDelete